Are you unsure to define your brand’s path and destination?
Do you want to travel safe on your brand journey?
Are your the long-term person for a clear vision for your brand?
Then I welcome you to part 002 of my Digital Branding Blog Series for small businesses for website, e-mail and social media. Before we do anything we definitely have a plan to understand how to do things to achieve a particular aim, either in life or business. In today’s blog we are gonna understand how to come up with a plan of action or a strategy for your business or brand, why is it important and some essential parts for a successful brand strategy.
I have take the important points from 99designs, jacobtyler and amplimark. But I have given my own twist to give a much better comprehensive single read, so that one understand the definitions of each term, moving to it’s importance and finally it’s essential parts. Hope you enjoy my version of this series. So let’s dive in…
1. Brand Versus Branding Versus Brand Strategy
A brand is a person’s gut feeling, because brands are defined by individuals – not companies or markets. A brand is a gut feeling because people are emotional, intuitive beings. A brand is not what you say it is, it’s what they say it is.
The marketing practice of creating a name, symbol or design that identifies and differentiates a product from other products. An effective brand strategy gives you a major edge in increasingly competitive markets.of actions to cultivate that brand
By definition, brand strategy is a long-term plan for the development of a successful brand in order to achieve specific goals. A well-defined and executed brand strategy affects all aspects of a business and is directly connected to consumer needs, emotions, and competitive environments.
2. Why Is Brand Strategy Important.
- Navigate your business decisions and journey – It will help us to work out the product and services that we need to launch in the market, the tone and voice of communication, the content to put on website and so on…
- Make the brand live in your head: Even if you are a solopreneur, no permanent staff still you will be working with freelancers and designers and programmers. Only if you live your brand in your head, you will be able to navigate the journey along safely.
- Helps in being consistent: Brand strategy will not only help but make sure that your communication reaches the hearts and minds of your audience in a smooth, easy and consistent manner.
3. The 3 Essential Parts Of A Successful Brand Strategy
A brand strategy is a long-term plan for the development of your brand. Building your strategy starts with these four elements:
3.1. Brand Mission, Vision & Values : A brands VISION is – WHAT we aim to achieve?, A brands MISSION – HOW we plan to Achieve our Vision and Brand VALUES – WHAT we stand for and how we behave? To understand this I have written an in-depth article, click here to read.
3.2. Your unique selling point (USP)
Think of your USP as your brand’s “special sauce”. This is what differentiates you from other brands that offer similar products and services. If you’re not sure what your USP is, ask yourself questions like:
- What does our brand do better than anyone else?
- If there were three words our customers could use to describe our brand, what would they be?
- How are we changing our industry?
- What are we doing that hasn’t been done before?
3.3 Your Brand Personality
A serious financial company will look and sound very different from a playful children’s clothing startup. That’s why it’s important to know who you are. Take the time to define your personality and start thinking about how that personality can translate into the visuals and voice of your digital branding.
My Final Thoughts
Whether your develop your brand’s strategy before you begin your business or after, it doesn’t matter? What does matter is that you understand the significance of this. Big brands have understood them well, not only taken it in their stride but also leveraged it and stood the test of their times.
Because it’s never too late or too early to think about the above things for your own brand name with the above articulated way, if you truly relate to this, or wanna know more of this and much more, please join my private VIP Facebook Group.
As I will be sharing more in-depth insights. If you’re keen to know how, just hop in to my next FREE WEBINAR
Or just feel free to share your thoughts and leave a comment.
Hi I’m Pramila Jain. I am a Brand Designer and Graphic Geek. I’m the founder of Be Independent Hub. Am on a mission to help 10,000+ women solopreneurs to focus on design using the power of branding. Am also founder of Candyfloss Branding Agency where we help brands craft and grow distinctive identities & brands, backed by strategy.